Feed:

<$BlogFeedsVertical$>

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

IN A CAGE-THE CREATION OF A SERIAL KILLER?

Alternately whimpering and begging, the tears in my voice garbling my words, I was terrified. Like a wild animal, I began to circle, looking for a way out, repeatedly scraping my knees and hands on the hundreds of edges of iron.
“Please, Daddy, I won’t do it again,” I kept crying, as I circled.
But he and Grandpa were busy working around that piece of plywood, attaching the steel bars together, making some kind of an arch with the wheel in the middle. “What’s that, Daddy?” I called, when they were finished and I gave up circling to watch.
Peering into the cage, getting his face as close as he could to mine, he answered. “The wings that will take you to hell.” His eyes were like stone, his face like blank paper, and I knew there was no hope for me.

Excerpt from DESTINY’S DAMNED.


© Shawna Ryan
Author: thrillers DESTINY'S DAMNED & SATAN'S SCAT
available:
www.pilchuckpublishing.com
amazon.com
books stores and libraries

No comments: